11 priorities for the future of e-commerce in Europe
Ecommerce Europe aspires to the flourishing of e-commerce in Europe for this and presented a document of priorities for 2021 in order to lead European companies to a step of development and progress.
Last year, after the outbreak of covid-19, we were led to a digital transformation that came to play a strong role in the economy and society.
Ecommerce Europe summarizes in the following 11 proposals, which we should focus on creating a strong framework for improving European companies:
Seamless Markets: Adopting a Neutral Channel Approach in an Omnichannel Environment
- The role of platforms: ensuring the utilization of innovations with the parallel support of EU companies.
- Globalization: restoring a level playing field between “players” based in the EU. and non-EU companies
- Take advantage of opportunities offered by E-Commerce for a more sustainable Economy
- Ensure alignment and compatibility between the e-Privacy and GDPR regulations
- Strengthening efforts for a global solution to Digital Transformation taxation
- Facilitate a more harmonized regulatory framework for parcel delivery
- Creating an innovative and competitive cross-border payment landscape
- Take advantage of the opportunities offered by big data and New Technologies
- Providing financial support to Small and Medium Enterprises and reducing bureaucracy
- Supporting the digital transformation of companies with more investment in e-skills and infrastructure