He and his team after years of research have discovered the way through which the treatment of dyslexia can become perfectly personalized, centered on each child individually. This invention is so important that the greatest universities of the world have opened their doors to them.
Dyslexia is not a disease in any case. It is a different way in reading and perceiving the words by some individuals due to an uncommon wiring of the brain.
RADAR is the acronym of the English words apid Assessment in Difficulties and Abnormalities in Reading. Therefore it is a method of early diagnosis of dyslexia and reading difficulties. With the RADAR method we are able to say exactly where the problem is, by one syllable, even two letters, with great precision, thus create a therapy, completely personalized for each child.
The digital nature of RADAR makes it faster, much more objective and more reliable than any conventional dyslexia diagnosis methods.
The remarkable thing is that all this effort was made by Greeks scientists during the Greek crisis without any financial support or no umbrella of any nature. For this we feel very proud, because we have begun to knock on the doors of great academic institutions such as Harvard and the University of Lausanne, and this is a purely Greek product.
Our vision is that this method will someday awaken the leaders of the Greek society so that they will establish RADAR as a standard check up in all primary schools of Greece. I am proud of radar and of my team because these people during the crisis, they showed that Greece is present and that it is here with its spirit, with its inventiveness and its originality, once again offering its intelligence, ingenuity and perception to the world.
Our goal is for the next generation of RADAR to go into mobile applications in cloud, in order to be accessible not only to the developed countries of the Western world. Because everybody has the right to knowledge, not just the few.
Historically, Greeks have always produced original knowledge and our great strength has been our mind. We never had heavy industry. Our great legacy is our intelligence, our ingenuity, our ability to adapt to any situation. I believe that knowledge, the transmission and creation of knowledge is the way in which the Greek society can escape from the dead end that it is at currently.
- Head of the research team: Ioannis M. Aslanides (MD, PhD, F.R.C.Opth, MBA)
- Head of hardware team: Georgios Kaloutsakis (PhD, Co-Partner Medotics AG)
- Head of software team: Ioannis Smyrnakis (PhD), Stelios Smirnakis (MD), Vasilios Andreadakis (MSc), Vasilios Selimis (MPhil), Michalis Kalaitzakis (BSc), Theodora Bachourou (PhD)
- External Collaborators: George Kymionis (MD), Nikolaos Makaronas (MD), Maria Rousohatzaki (MSc)
- Direction/Post Production: Michalis Felanis
- Camera: Michalis Felanis, Kostas Felanis
- Sound: Kostas Felanis
- Production Co-ordination and Interview: Elena Priovolou
- Texts & subtitles: Elena Priovolou
- Project Manager: Kyriaki Kostolidou
- Project Director: Vassilios Bartzokas